The main aim of the school is to help talented youngsters to develop their skills and fitness to face the challenges of modern day cricket and to improve the standard and safety of cricket in school through high-quality specialist coaching and optimal use of sports sciences. Sports have various advantages a few of which are listed below:
- Social competence
- Personality Development
- Academic achievement
The activities covered in practice include:-
- Skill development sessions through drills, net practice and match simulation activities.
- Practice matches held periodically to develop game sense and tactical skills.
- Physical fitness with conditioning sessions on the field being complemented with sessions in the gymnasium.
- Mental skills and other ancillary skills such as Sports Nutrition, First-Aid, etc. addressed at interactive lectures.
- Recovery after hard training sessions looked after by an expert in Yoga and pool sessions.
- Injury prevention.
We, at G. D. Goenka Public School have coaches to train our children in various sports. Our coaches are highly qualified professionals responsible for creating and implementing training programmes designed to improve every aspect of a player’s skills.
|Sports @ GDGPS|
|Cricket||Basket Ball||Table Tennis||Lawn Tennis||Gymnastics|
|Taekwondo||Track and Field||Yoga||Volleyball||Boxing|